I've just released a big update to the Kickstarter alpha PDF that was sent to all backers. A lot of changes have been made, including:
- The Heroku chapter has been completely rewritten. Instead of recommending django-toolbelt, I went ahead and build my own package containing the exact things we want for deployment on Heroku (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/hellowebapp-deploy/1.0.1). I've also updated all the steps to make them simpler and easier to understand.
- Design-wise, all of the fonts have been updated. New chapter title design. The entire book aligns to a baseline grid, which should (invisibly) make it look more cohesive.
- All screenshots have been updated, as well as being print resolution now.
- Added a few more suggestions in both the "What to do if your app is broken" and "Moving forward" chapters.
- New subtitle on the cover. Trying to be more marketing-y. Would love your thoughts if you have an alternate suggestion.
- More typos and small errors squashed.
If you're a backer, check out your email or go to the Updates tab of the Kickstarter page (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1868398473/hello-web-app-intro-to-building-web-apps-with-djan/posts) to check out the new PDF!
eBook files will be released hopefully this week as well — I'm creating them using Leanpub, and I have nothing but good things to say regarding that platform.
Additionally, I've created a Hello Web App discussion forum, for any questions or commentary about the book: http://discuss.hellowebapp.com